Saturday, March 25, 2023

FRAMED NEEDLEWORK: "The Castle" by Teresa Wentzler

 

Not the world's best picture.  I was having trouble with glass reflections.
.   

Pattern: The Castle

Designer: Teresa Wentzler

Fabric:  28 count white evenweave

Threads:  DMC (as charted) - lots of colors, blended threads and backstitching

Stitching finished 8/2004

Framing by Frame Warehouse Topeka KS  1/2023

 This project has a STORY (don't they all).   As I have alluded to before, this project was done twice.  The first version was stolen out of my car when it was parked at my son's school. My late husband encouraged me to restart it and I finished it just days before he passed away.   I didn't have a framer at the time, so it went into the 'to be finished or framed' box (aka the 'under the bed box') and I pulled it out last December along with the Dragonfly stumpwork to finally get framed.  

I will be gifting it to my son for Christmas this year.  He has several pieces of dragon artwork in his 'man cave'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.