Sunday, March 19, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - March 19, 2023

Well, my stitching mojo roared back with a vengeance!   I finished up section #7 on "My Day Complete" by Kathy Barrick (see the changeover post here).  I'm actually a couple of months ahead of the SAL goal; I'm hoping to finish early and move on to another historic inspired piece.

Next up in the needlework rotation is the KC Plaza Sewing Bag.   Last time around, I finished side one of the bag and introduced side two - the Mill Creek / Nichols fountain.   This week, I got the right corner of the pool established, did some repairs on the first horse sculpture, and I'm now working on the second horse statue, and then I'll be double running my way around the pool edge, doing the dolphin statues as I come to them. 

The actual fountain is round, with three horses and three dolphins alternating around, so the perspective is off on the chart version, but I can't blame the designer.   Those horses are difficult enough in silhouette; trying to do them in three quarter face would have been crazy hard.   And it's close enough that anyone who has seen the fountain or a photo of it can recognize it.   

Did you know that Kansas City is a city of fountains?  There are dozens, if not hundreds, of fountains scattered around the metro, including one that I can see from the window at the Overland Park office!

The brown yoke sweater got some love this week, too.   I took a day off to run some errands including an oil change - and I took my sweater sleeve with me.  As long as I have my travel project and the Kindle app on my phone loaded up, I am happy to sit in random waiting rooms as long as I need to!  I actually got the second sleeve all the way down to the start of the cuff.   I'll finish it off the cuff ribbing and bind it off this afternoon.  I will add the 2 inches / 5 cm to the top of each of the sleeves, then it will be time for the body!

Fridays are still dedicated to the Sugar Skull and I'm still working on the teeth.   Each one is about 100 stitches, so takes somewhere around a half hour.   I am getting a bit sick of just stitching white; I'll be glad when it's time to put in some colors!  No photo on that one; I'll take one when I get to something interesting, or it's the end of the rotation - whichever comes first.

Linking up with the SSS crew (current round up here).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.