Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 2017

After all the crazy of a Sunday that also was Christmas Eve, it's nice to unwind.  Christmas Day services are small, casual (the clergy doesn't even put on their vestments, just a stole - like a military priest in a field chapel).  There's carols with Steve B on the piano, there's a tiny altar set up under the Nativity window.  It's lovely.

Then after church, Marita (my daughter in law's mom) hosted us for lunch and I brought my gifts to give to everyone.  The afghan I made for Angie was well received, as was the hat for Marita.  JC had already got his 'big' gift - a meat grinder/sausage maker.  I gave it to him early so he could process the deer he got hunting.   This is the second year in a row that he's filled his tag on opening day!

The rest of the day has been very quiet, I've been piecing away on Ringo Lake Clue #4.  I have the seam guide set just perfectly for this one.  The trimming is literally thread ends and fluff.  So I don't want to move it to do a foundation pieced clue!   I need to set up another machine for the clues that I'm doing with foundation piecing.

And for the first time in several years, it's a white Christmas.    It's a good time to sit back and just nest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.