Sunday, March 4, 2018

Slow Stitching Sunday - March 4, 2018

Late getting anything posted.  And it's definitely "slow stitching", not a "slow Sunday" here!  My granddaughter turned 5 and we had her party.   Mimi (me) is officially exhausted LOL.


First of all, the test knit phase 1 is done.   This is going to be an accessory set and the other piece's pattern should be coming out late this week.    So knitting is still hush-hush.   But occurring!


As I thought, the applique block didn't get done last week, so I'm going to try to do two this week.   Things should be a lot calmer at work (I hope);  I do have a major federal filing due at the end of March (Well, actually April 4, but I want to have it done by the end of the month).  


I do have Dutch Beauty to report on.   This is about 8.5 hours.    I want to get the rest of the left side of the arbor done before I put it away until it comes around again in the rotation.    The ten hour mark should actually happen this week and I should be starting the pictorial part of the rotation by next Sunday.   Always exciting to have something different to work on.


I had to move the q-snap frame down because it was getting hard to reach in to get the upper part of the stitching done.  But last week, I was just starting on the bright red 'flower' at about the mid-point.


I have one (and a quarter) more side of binding, the hanging sleeve, a small repair and the label yet to do on "Scrappy Sister's Choice".  I credit the Science channel and BBCA for getting me around the long slog of stitching down the binding.  


Slow stitching is the name of the game around here.   Linking up with the other hand-work loving folk on Kathy's Blog  (link to this week's round up of handwork).  



4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely project...how big will the finished picture be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's HUGE. 39 x 24 inches. 32 count linen, so 16 stitches per inch and the stitch count on the chart is 630 stitches wide by 390 high. Walt, my late husband christened it 'the tablecloth' LOL. One of the reasons this became a UFO is that it's going to cost a mint to frame. I have found a recycled frame that will fit it, so I'll probably tackle the lacing and framing myself. I'll get one of the big box stores to cut me the acid free foam core and I can take it from there.

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful! Tiny stitches too, oh my! What is the object in the top right corner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The round shiny object is a magnetic needle keeper. It's two very strong, but very tiny magnets and let's you 'park' your needle without putting it into the fabric. I have a very bad habit of putting my needle into the arm of the chair or into the fabric of my slacks. I picked this magnet up at the Silver Needle Camp and have been trying to make a new, better habit.

      They are rather pricy, but a nice little luxury to have.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.