Sunday, May 27, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 27,2018

Honoring our fallen heroes this Memorial Day weekend (for those of you outside the US, it's our "Remembrance Day" tomorrow).

And on a happier note, company holiday tomorrow.   And the yard work is all caught up, so I'll be inside enjoying the air conditioning.   Hard to believe that just six weeks ago, I came out of church into snow.  Today it was coming out into almost 90 degree F (31 C) muggy heat.   We have skipped right over spring and gone directly from winter to summer here in Kansas. 

I got a bit more done on Dutch Beauty this week.   Here she is at nine hours.
I'm going to finish off that blue vase/bowl there in the center before I put it away for this rotation.   There's a big bunch of roses that will fill up that page; those will take me at least a full rotation.  And I know from earlier this year that the carnation/sunflower/arbor will take another rotation.  So I don't know if I will get all of the center row of this sampler done in 2018.  But on the other hand, I'm working on it consistently and it's coming along.   And there will be a new project next week!!!   Looking forward to that.  

On the lace shawl front.   I'm working on row 6 of the border charts.   The first two motifs are well established, though the diamond one (on the left) doesn't look like much yet.  That's a much better pace than I thought I would be able to do, but I'm sure I'll have to slow down as the rows get longer.   The row of YO, K2T is the first round of the border set up after all the stitches are picked up and a count/adjust round is finished.
Plugging along on the applique for "It was the 80s".   I'm well into the second half of the hexi block.  It's my current 'tote bag/travel' project, so it gets worked on in 'found moments'.  

Hope everyone in the Slow Stitching Sunday group is having a safe and productive weekend.  Please head by the link party on Kathy's blog to see what we are all working on.

8 comments:

  1. Your lace is so pretty! Hope you enjoy your stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having the link up to report every week really holds me accountable to my stitching and knitting goals. Thank YOU for hosting us!

      Delete
  2. Both your stitchery and your lace are beautiful. Our weather is the same here in Utah. So cold, then right up into the 80's...what happen to Spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's like "Sorry, Mother Nature but two months of ping-ponging between winter and summer does NOT equal spring...."

      Delete
  3. I feel like we missed spring too. Hot and muggy today. Nice to see progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying watching your progress on Dutch Beauty. Your shawl is very pretty. We had a hot day on Saturday, but Sunday and today are back into the cool weather. I am sitting under a blanket right now. We are wondering when Spring/Summer will hang around on Long Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dutch Beauty is about to go back into hibernation for a bit. I've finished my ten hours on it for this round, but it will be back in a couple of months.

      I think Kansas is done with blanket weather until fall. The weatherman last night pointed out that we have had NO days this month with 'average' temps - one day below and the rest far above! And that after an April that was ALL below..... Gotta love the weather in KS.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.