Sunday, July 8, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - July 8, 2018

I am working along on the little band sampler.  

This week I did the drawn thread work with layered herringbone.  And another small dab of goldwork - sheaf stitch this time, which is a partially couched stitch that works up very quickly in this thread (Kreinik #4 braid) since it's nice and flexible.

This brings me to ten hours on this piece and about the mid point.   I do not want to loose momentum on this project, so I'm going to continue to work on it until it is done.  That means that I will skip Millennium this rotation.   I feel kind of bad about doing that, but I won't make a habit of it. 

On the lace shawl I'm going to finish round 16 this afternoon.  Slow and steady on that project.  

On the quilting front, I finally got all the materials to do the hand applique on the Honeybee block, so hopefully I can report on that next week.

Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday over on Kathy's blog where it's the start of the SEVENTH year of SSS.  Lots of interesting projects going on in our group.

4 comments:

  1. Your stitches are creating interesting Textures as you add each row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the different textures is one reason that I like whitework so much. And this designer uses quite a few different whitework techniques, even though the sampler 'reads' colorful!

      Delete
  2. Very very pretty, it's really coming together. I've never kept track of how many hours I've spent on a project. Don't know if doing so would make me be happy or groan, lol. So often I'm stitching in front of the tv stopping here and there if things get intense on the tv......so probably wouldn't be very accurate on my part. But, for fun...I might just try when I start something new.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much intense tiny stitching... so lovely! Enjoy your hand stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.