Sunday, July 15, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - July 15, 2018

The band sampler continues to hum along.

This week I finished off the center band with the lettering, a band of simple satin stitch in the larger perle cotton with a few beads and started the row with the irregular eyelets.   My goal today is to finish that row; there's the rest of the eyelets, some satin and straight stitches and beading left to go on that row.  

One thing I like about the designer, Thea Duek, is her sense of balance.  Even though this series is all about whitework of various kinds, there's just enough color that this piece reads "red" without screaming "RED !!!!!"  It's lovely.

I also managed to get all the freezer paper templates cut out and ironed on the scraps of fabric for the Honeybee block that I'll be hand appliqueing for my sampler quilt.
The freezer paper is just there until I trace around it, then I'll do needleturn applique.   I'm thinking about trying glue basting on this just to try that method out.   I gave it a shot when I appliqued down the hexagon panel, but it was so heavy that it pulled away despite the glue and I ended up thread basting it.   These pieces are much lighter.  

And last but not least, the lace shawl is staying on track with two rounds a week.  Just finishing up Round 18 today.

Kathy's link up widget is broken, I'll link up with the SSS crew later.   Off to get ready for church!


ETA:  Here's the link to this week's post at Kathy's


6 comments:

  1. The date on your title made me laugh, a mix of June and July, funny ;) I love your embroidery, you are nearly done!
    The SSS linky party is through Kathy's comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. copy/paste/edit fail!!!, for sure. Fixed.

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there's several more bands, including another drawn thread band and the bottom bargello band. It's a fun stitch with lots of interesting techniques.

      Delete
  3. Lots of interesting stitches to see on your blog each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That embroidery is so very pretty. You are right that there is just enough red to give it color without screaming. The pieces is so delicate and interesting. Good luck with your glue basting and stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.