Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Piggy Bank Challenge!

Last week, I found Val and her piggy bank challenge.  (Now on year #6, but this is my first time participating.)  

I've always been a 'change saver' person.   And so this is right up my alley. 

No fancy piggy bank here, and no paper money.   Just a mason jar and all the change goes in there at the end of every day.  I follow Dave Ramsey's "envelope method" of budgeting and deliberately take out my 'pocket money' for personal spending in paper bills instead of using my debit card and I always pay with full bills (unless it's something like $3.01 and even then, sometimes I'll say 'oops, no change, sorry' and pocket nearly a buck in coins LOL).   I do keep a few quarters and dimes in the change purse part of my wallet in case I need to feed a parking meter.  


So what's my savings goal?   A really, really nice pair of Dovo embroidery scissors to start with.   That's about $50 to $75 depending on the model.  I can get them from the Silver Needle in Tulsa when I go to camp next fall (in October).   Since I'm starting with a nearly full jug, that should be do-able. 

But for the rest of the year, I think I will be saving towards an extension table for my vintage Singer Featherweight.   There are several at different price points and which one I get next year will depend on how much I can save!  (I am shooting for the expensive one with the gold detailing that matches my 1949 machine = so CUTE!!!)   

I will be dumping my change into the sorter at the credit union and putting the result into a separate savings account just to see how much I can save this year.

Come on over to the link up party (link above); join up and see how much you can save!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.