Sunday, January 13, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 13, 2019

It was a decent week for crafting all in all.   I got another block for Aunt Lottie's Garden done; this is block 15 of 30 for the center of the quilt.  At the mid point on these!!!   And today's first Slow Stitching goal is to get another one basted.  

Dutch Beauty got some attention; this is about four hours so far this round.  Finished up the bowl of roses and started on the carnation motif.  And miracle of miracles, I found my bigger Q snap set that I have been looking for since I restarted this.   The larger frame fits so much better on my Just a Thought floor stand.   It's a bit harder to get the ground fabric 'square with the world' when I put the caps on  the rods, but to not be squashed into a 9 x 9 inch square hoop is worth it.
 
By the way, I triple checked the pattern, there are no dark centers in the 'cherries' on this side, though there are on the left.  I always waffle about 'fixing' mistakes on historic reproductions.  On one hand, it makes me a little crazy when mirror images aren't exact reflections.  On the other hand, it's a reproduction and that means a faithful copy.  So no centers for the cherries.  Probably.

And I'm approaching the halfway point in the new afghan thanks to a couple of nights of 'knitting and reading'.   Here's a look at the colorway on this one, from back when it was just a corner.

It's gotten cold again here in Kansas, winter settling back in and I think that I'm hibernating for the rest of the weekend once I get back from church.   I'm going to settle in with a mug of hot tea and see what the other Slow Sunday Stitching crew is up to over at the link party on Kathy's blog (link to this week's roundup).

7 comments:

  1. pretty stitch projects you have going on - love that needle point

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect afternoon ...tea and stitching. I love seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects you have going on. Love the motif of you stitching. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting dilemma that I haven't thought of before in terms of correcting a reproduction pattern.
    It does add to the story, but maybe detracts from your enjoyment of looking at it?
    Interesting to ponder...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cold here (Ohio 4" covering of snow) as well. I'm hibernating the rest of the day in the sewing area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects and Sundays are meant for a hot cuppa and some needle and thread! I love the sampler, my favorite part is that the dog is standing on the birds tail, LOL. I have added your blog to my reader, I found you via Slow Sunday stitching. Have a terrific Slow Sunday Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure what I would do? I like symmetry too but if it's not on the original....good luck with that one!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.