Friday, March 5, 2021

Needlework Changeover - 2021 Rotation #1, slot 4 (pictorial) complete

 Working on my only remaining pictorial UFO - my son's USMC Seal.   In just under 10 hours, I managed to get to a page finish on Page 6 of the over one full coverage area.

For reference, here is where I started this slot in the rotation.

Over one full coverage is tedious, but so very pretty and effective.  Like pixels on a screen, your eye fills in the edges to make smoother curves and (if you aren't using just two colors) more subtle blending.  Would I want to do a HAED?  Not sure.  I may do one of the bookmarks someday just to see if it's something I might like.  I do have a couple of their patterns in the stash, but not kitted up.

What's up next?  I think I'll circle back to the little Just Nan piece; there's not much stitching left on it.  The finishing on it is also very simple.  It would be nice to have an FFO this round.  I don't have all of the notions that I need to do the project bags with the finished Elizabeth Designs piece I finished back in January during #24HoursOfCrossStitch.  I need the fusible interfacing and the zippers. But Millennium is going to the framers next Tuesday.  So that's good for the finish and frame slot this round.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.