Sunday, August 14, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - August 14, 2022

 Things are still pretty busy at the office - still working on the audit items and the usual monthly stuff.  But I have had some stitching and knitting time this week.

The first part of the week was devoted to finishing up the rotation slot on the KC Plaza Sewing Bag.  See the rotation changeover post here for details.


Then kicking off the new rotation #4 for 2022 is Dutch Beauty.   On the last #24HoursOfCrossStitch, I was very close to a page finish when I hit ten hours.  Well, a couple of hours yesterday and I finished page S/19.  This is pretty significant since that means that I now have LESS THAN A PAGE to go on this project.   Of course that page is the huge mama swan and her cygnets.  So it won't go fast, but still less than a page!
 


I also made some good progress on the colorwork hat.   There's not a lot of contrast between the values of the two colors, so the colorwork is very subtle, but I rather like it, TBH. 

ten more rounds to the start of the crown decreases
Linked up with the Slow Sunday Stitching crew (current link party).

7 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch is so pretty. Only one page to go! The end is in sight.....we'll almost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colorwork hat is gorgeous. Wow, that's a lot of stitches in your cross stitch project. I don't think I've ever done with with "pages" of instructions. I'm still in the rookie category. Enjoy your stitching time. Hopefully work will calm down after the audits are finished. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cross stitch project, Karla. And the knitted hat looks so cozy. Happy stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching. The colourwork hat is progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cross-stitch project is very pretty. I can't wait to see the swan and her cygnets. I like that hat too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cross stitch, and it will even more beautiful with Mother swan and her babies paddling along behind her.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.