Sunday, February 5, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 5, 2023

 Still busy at work with the year end audit stuff, plus we have several federal and state required large reports due now that the books are closed.   And then there is the short month - still the same amount of work to do, but two or three fewer days to do it in!   I would like to have a STERN WORD with the Roman king who decided we needed a short month and the church fathers who didn't FIX it when they had a chance.   I'd like to turn a couple of 31 day months into 30 day months and give those days to  February so it can be a real month!  It can still have the leap year thing, and have 31 days some times.

But since I can't be in charge of the calendar, I guess I'll just be really busy this month - as usual!

I didn't feel like doing a ton of stitching this week, but I did put in enough time to get the Sugar Skull to 20 hours.   That finished the left temple flower and let me get the top of the skull finished (and so happy when the two sides met up!)   This is the vintage frame it will be going in; I think it will look good.   I still have some more outlines to do - a heart, some curly bits and a bunch of larger dot motifs.  

frame laid on top to double check the size and margins

My socks have toes AND the openings for the afterthought heels.   Afterthought heels are basically just toes again - Two Toed Tube Socks!

Linking up with the SSS crew (current roundup here).


6 comments:

  1. Your sugar skull is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job on sugar skull and the frame is the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your socks and sugar skull! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yarn you are using for those socks. Your sugar skull is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find February is much too short, too. =) Two Toed Tube Socks how fun. There is lovely stripey colour in those socks. Hope work slows down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.