Sunday, February 11, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 11, 2024 AND WIPGO square #24

 It's been a great crafting week.   I got the first of the February calls for WIPGO finished.   This is the next two sides of the Just Nan smalls pin cube.   I am padding the sides with a layer of thin cotton quilt batting (Warm and Natural Classic) glued to the mat board.   It doesn't make the sides 'puffy' at all, just softens the edges a bit.   (Hat tip to Mona of the Silver Needle - one of the best parts of the SN camp is Mona's finishing demos.)

I also finished the February section of the Birdhouse SAL.  See a close up here.  And here it is all laid out flat when I moved the q snap.

I'm really focusing on my new full coverage piece.  (See latest daily update here.)  I'm at about 2.7% completed, which is pretty decent for a piece I just started on the first.  Not sure how long I can keep up that pace, though.  I will have to stop and do some stuff around the house soon 😁.

Linking up with the SSS crew (current roundup here).

10 comments:

  1. I love your birdhouses. Those pin cube sides look so delicate. I like the slightly padded finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done this week! What is a pin cube? Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, missed your question at first. A pin cube is just a square (dice shaped) pincushion except that the sides and bottom have some structure, with the top being stuffed for pins and needles. I'm hoping to figure out how to put a slot for scissor storage in this as well.

      Delete
  3. Great bird houses, so glad the birds are arriving back and spring is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching, I love the birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your projects are gorgeous but especially like the bird houses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That made me smile, stop stitching and do some stuff around the house! Such a shame that stitchers dont have free access to someone to do regular housekeeping duties, wouldnt that be NICE. Pretty embroideries, such fine work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is so pretty. And I found the Silver Needle online after your suggestion of finishing techniques. Oh, here I go down this rabbit hole. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.