Sunday, April 14, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching - April 14, 2024

Well, things are looking up a bit stitching wise, though still busy at work.  Pushing through the rest of the training I have to give.  People are taking me out to lunch and dropping little cards and such by my desk, which is kind of nice.   I asked my boss to keep it low key, I don't want a big reception.  

I even managed to get my remaining vacation scheduled.   Looks like I'll be working half days for all but about four days off site over the next few weeks, then vacation for the last week after I turn in my computer.   Much HR paperwork still to do.

I had a good stitching week and even managed to put down the dragon and pick up the Birdhouses SAL. 

The April section is well underway - working on a cute little cartoonish duck down at the bottom of this section.  Right now, the ecru of the duck feathers melds into the off white of the fence, but he'll get some back stitching once I get him filled in the rest of the way.

Linking up with the SSS crew (roundup here).


7 comments:

  1. Just think of how much more time you will have for stitching once you are retired! Love seeing this month by month project! So fun. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute birdhouse pattern. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that people taking you to lunch and giving you cards as you prepare to retire. I am sure you feel much appreciated. The Birdhouse stitching is very pretty. I look forward to seeing that duck. I bet you will be able to finish this in no time once you retire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for getting all your ducks in a row. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will be missed at work, make the most of the good wishes and celebrations. It took me months to stop waking up at 5.30am when I retired. We got up early, shower, breakfast, make lunch, then out the door at 6.30am for so long. Now when we wake up, we make a cuppa, take it back to bed and catch up with the news, much more civilised.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.