I have been ALL OVER the place with my crafting this week. I'm bouncing from project to project like a demented squirrel getting ready for winter. And we are sneaking into Autumn here in Kansas (finally). The leaves aren't really turning yet, and we haven't had a hard frost, but I pulled on a hoodie to let Dela out yesterday morning. Sweater weather is coming! And look! I have a sweater shaped object to report on. The Brown Study Sweater (link to my Ravelry page on it) has been getting steady attention over the last few weeks, though I have barely mentioned it.
I am up to where all the decreases are done and the neck shaping starts; I'm planning to do a short row neck with three or four turns on each side (depends on how it fits when I try it on). And I'm noodling about the neck finish. Even though I used ribbing on the bottom and cuffs, I think I'll do an I-cord edge on the top. This sweater will be worn over collared shirts or turtlenecks and so it doesn't really need a ribbed crew neck. An I-cord edge gives a nice smooth finish and quite a bit of structure - win/win. But before all that happens, I need to close the underarm seams so I can try it on. Right now, they are on rigid stitch holders; the pokey ends would get in the way and affect the fit. Even if the worst happens and the yoke fit is wrong, I will only pull back as far as the lifeline, which is above the underarm seam. So the next report will be underarms and fit. Keeping my fingers crossed that all my numbers were right.

The month end happened in the middle of last week, so I did my update on "Santa of the Forest" (details in the
changeover post). But if you don't care to click through, I'm happy to share a pretty picture. When I finished the bit of the robe that goes 'over' the bottom border, I reached the bottom of the project! There's still about 5K stitches though, so no happy dance on this one quite yet. I did put in another 419 stitches since the first and finished off the gap in the robe on the right side. I am currently at approximately 87.23%
There WILL be a happy dance soon on the vintage German needlepoint "Alter Bauernhof". I have gotten to the point on this one where I just want to power through to the end. Look for a FINISH post later this week!
and the back - not much left!

And that upcoming finish means that I get to choose a new "not counted X stitch" project. It will be one of these two - both of them are cutwork type white work.
On the left is "Five Band Sampler" by Catherine Scott, published in 'Sampler & Antique Needlework: A Year in Stitches, Vol II'. Ecru on raw linen - Hardanger, drawn thread, pulled thread, needle weaving. On the right is "A Lady's Sampler" by Linda Driskell, published as three parts in 'Antique Sampler and Needlework Quarterly' (Vol 15,16,17) White on white - drawn thread and surface embroidery. Whichever one I choose, I won't start it until the next rotation. (Just a note: The above printouts are working copies; I own both the book and the CD collection of magazines. Respect Copyright!)
I also had a new start on the first for the Blackbird Academy SAL - "Moonlit Garden" is now at 12.52%. It's on the larger size for a monthly project (aprox 5,750 stitches), so it might not get finished this month. We'll see.
Oh, and I finished the
Maple Leaf LOSY Hat (link to my Ravelry page or
here on the knitting quarterly roundup) and it's already in the donate bag. I haven't cast on another travel project yet since the Santa ornament is still travel appropriate. It's up to the 50% mark after I put some time in on Monday and Tuesday, so I'd better figure out something soon - maybe a pair of socks? Or another Musselburgh Hat?

Woof - I did warn you there were lots of projects this week! Want even more projects? Go check out what the SSS crew got up to lately (
link up post is here.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.