Sunday, November 5, 2017

Quilt WiP (was UFO): Scrappy Sister's Choice/Chinese Coins

Well, I dropped off a quilt to be long arm quilted.   This is the first time I have sent out a top to be professionally quilted.   I'm a hand-quilter at heart, but I am so very slow that I have actually had tops destroyed before I finished quilting them (there was a mouse and dog who resented it.....)

I've decided to keep the hand quilting for 'special' tops.  And to learn to machine quilt on a domestic machine - maybe the treadle.  But in the mean time, these two tops are finished and together will make a lovely quilt that will be reversible and it will be on my bed!

Finished is better than perfect.   Right?



Here's a look at the last seam on the back side quilt 'in progress'.   Both tops pieced on my 1949 Featherweight.   Started cutting 1/4/2017, finished piecing 11/4/2017.   This project is only on the UFO list because the 9-patch centers of the stars on the front side are from block exchanges in the 1990s on the AOL quilter's board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.