Sunday, December 17, 2017

Another successful ring!

I think Steve (our director) is trying to see at what point we will rebel LOL.   This morning's music was "Sleepers Awake" and this arrangement had alternating bells and chimes - sometimes in the same measure - pick up, put down, pick up and ring one note in the 'off' hand.   All in 6/8 time.   Oh my gosh!

We got though it.   There were bobbles, but no crashes.  Luckily the second piece was a nice little music box sounding version of "People Look East".   Which is still stuck in my brain hours later - darn it.  LOL.

We play again Christmas Eve - which since it falls on Sunday means that I'll pretty much be at church the entire day.   Then again on New Year's Eve Sunday and again for ordinations in early January.   Good thing I love my bell choir!

Between Christmas and New Years, we also have 'beer choir' - which is just what it sounds like.  Singing at the local pub.   So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.