Monday, January 8, 2018

Quilt WiP: ""On Ringo Lake" - check in #1 after the reveal

"On Ringo Lake" mystery quilt is now over on the designer's blog (link to Bonnie's Blog home page, because the pattern will be coming down shortly).   But in my world, I am just barely under way on it.   Even doing just half the units (for a throw sized quilt), I fell so far behind.  I'm going to continue to check in every now and then just to track my progress.

Status as of Sunday night 1/7/2018 :

Unit 1 (Clue #1) - 9 Patch Units -  DONE
Unit 2 (Clue #2, 5 and 7) - Paired Flying Geese Units
   Coral Geese - half of the final number completed
   Brown Geese - a quarter of the final number completed
   Unit 2 completed - a quarter of the final number completed
Unit 3 (Clue #4 and 6) - Shaded 4 Patch Units
   Pieced half unit - half of the final number completed
   Unit 3 completed - just 10
Blocks (Clue #8) - none completed

Unit 4 (Clue #3 and 9) - Sashing
   Pieced Diamond in Rectangle - 10 left, 10 right, so barely started
   Sashing assembled with cornerstones - none completed
Setting Triangles (Clue #4 and 9) - none completed
     Pieced half units from Clue #4 for setting triangles - half of the final number completed 
Quilt Assembly - unstarted

As you can see "a few" and "none" are the most common status with a few at 'quarter' or 'half' - sigh.

Goal for the next week or so:   Finish Unit 2 to the half way point.  

Remember that "calm" is the word of the year and don't get stressed by seeing FINISHED (as in quilted and bound!!!!) full sized quilts coming across the Quiltville feed.   Some people don't have a full time job with a one hour commute one way to work.

Linked up with the link party at Jo's Country Junction

 

2 comments:

  1. Any progress is progress. I am trying to make one block a day. Before, I know it, it will be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to remind myself of that, too. I was WAY overly optimistic about keeping up with the clues.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.