Tuesday, March 27, 2018

FINISHED QUILT: Scrappy Sister's Choice / Chinese Coins

My double sided quilt out of 1930s reproduction fabrics is finally done!
 









Stats and details:
January - November 2017 on the piecing, with many of the center 9 patches on the Sister's Choice side from block swaps c 1995 on the AOL quilter's board.  

Tutorials used:  

Quilting by Pam Flach from "Flint Hills Quilting".   Clamshell pantograph. (Batting type ????)

Binding finished on 3/25/2017

74 x 84 inches


2 comments:

  1. At first glance, I would have said that was a vintage quilt. You did an awesome job with colors and patterns. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! 'Vintage' is exactly what I was going for. I love the 1930s reproduction prints and am lucky to have a tiny collection of actual vintage fabrics from the 1930s-1950s that I inherited from my grandmother and great aunt, who were both quilters.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.