Friday, March 9, 2018

Quilt WiP: "It was the 80s" - Block 12

Another one of the oversized blocks - 18 x 18 finished.   I debated on how I wanted to do this one, but in the end, made it from uncut yardage.   I figured that a block that marries one of the old blues to the new neutral and rose isn't a bad thing.   I'm going to try to use a mix of 'old and new' through out.   I ran by JoAnn's and picked up two more yards of the new neutral.   I'm using it more than I thought I would and I'm already running short at the half way point.




Here's the units all ready to go.   It's refreshing to cut from yardage and not have to fix or worry about old mistakes.  These are 6.5 inch units (6 inch finished).   They feel HUGE after working on "On Ringo Lake" with it's 3.5 inch units!


And the finished block
Block #12


The Solstice Quilt on Pat Sloan's blog with the blocks and layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.