Monday, March 19, 2018

Slow Stitching Monday???? - March 19, 2018

Well, it was a Sunday fail this week.  I didn't get linked up to Kathy and there's really not a lot of progress on any front.  

I had one of those weeks.  Flat tire, medical appointments, the big project is a priority at work.  I haven't had much time to craft and when I did have down time, books were more attractive than needlework.  

Better luck in the upcoming week, I hope................

What I did do was work some in the basement over the weekend.  I don't know if other people do this, but I have had a really bad habit in the past of just dropping a project that's partially done into a box or bag and stashing it.   There were times that Walt and I picked up the house in a hurry by just 'containerizing' all clutter and occasionally my needlework got swept up in that as well.   Our basement wasn't hoarder level, but the storage areas got close.  These are two large rooms that are across the entire width of the house and about eight feet deep.   I have a goal of clearing out a box every weekend until it's done.  Then painting those rooms and having a curated, inventoried storage where I can actually FIND the Christmas lights the first weekend in December LOL. 

But anyway.   Lots of random boxes still to go.   When I come across projects, there's a triage.  "Is it done? Do I want to finish it?  Are the materials still in good shape?  Everything there (or replaceable)? Pattern with it or easy to figure out?"

I keep finding 'zombie projects' that I'd completely forgotten about.   Here's one:  nice plush fingertip towel with Aida banding in a Christmas plaid.


See that.  One little tree, maybe 50 stitches, is all that's missing.   The floss was all folded up inside the towel.



Popped it into the hoop and it was done in less than 15 minutes.   It's now in the wash.  With the addition of a nice handmade soap cake, it will make a cute hostess gift for next December.

Most of the zombies won't be quite that easy to conquer.   But conquer them I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.