Monday, April 16, 2018

Needlework Rotation: TW Y2K progress and Plum Street Scarecrow Introduction.

I have a solid ten hours in on Teresa Wentzler's "Millennium".    I got the rest of the over one on face of the right hand angel done, and all the back stitching (face, hair, upper wings, hands, hourglass, robe, torch) on that side done down to the page break.   Other than the beading and blending fiber that will be added at the end, the top half of this project is completed.

Here's where I started:


And here's where I am now.   In addition to finishing up on page 2, I started to establish some of the lower robes on the right side.  

When this project comes back up in rotation, I'll do the same on the left hand side.   There are at least a dozen blended shades each in the upper robes, the under tunic and also in the lower wings, so it will be a while on those two sections.  

In general, I think I'll work from both sides in toward the middle on page 3 and 4.  There's a landscape section in between the two angels and then a bottom frame similar to the upper arch with foliage sections and a verse in over one and backstitch.   Still a very long way to go on this piece.

The next slot in the rotation is my slot for modern samplers and smalls.   I still have one project from last fall's Silver Needle camp.   So I picked that one from my list of 'possiblities'.  The designer is Plum Street Samplers; and we are again extracting a section of a larger chart to make a small décor piece.   This one will be finished as a 'open ended triangle' and will use the scarecrow, fence and corn rows from the bottom right side of the "Cinnamon Stars" chart.

Nice 'autumn' pallet on this one.  Looking forward to starting it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.