Sunday, April 1, 2018

Quilt WiP: "It was the 80s" - Block 14

Pat does a traditional "Honey Bee" block for this one in her layout.   Finishing at 12 x 12, it brings in rounded shapes again, complementing the other applique and curved pieced areas.

I'm also using the opportunity to use one of the 'shirting' fabrics that I only have a fat quarter of. 

Once the block is pieced, there's three applique shapes on each corner - the 'body' and 'wings' of the bees.  I hope that the final block will look like four blue bees gathering around a central pink flower.  Right now, it looks like a floating nine patch LOL.

I will post the final block once the applique is done.   It's going to be my 'travel' work for a little bit.

The Solstice Quilt on Pat Sloan's blog with the blocks and layout.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the bees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I printed out the templates this morning, so hopefully I can start the applique tonight. Small pieces and not very complex shapes, so it should go fast.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.