Sunday, September 23, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching - Sept 23, 2018

I got the car and house projects done that I wanted to finish on my 'staycation' this last week.   I spent some time with my daughter in law and grandkids; we went to their school's book fair/chili feed/science and math games event.   It was actually a lot of fun, and I bought each of their classrooms one of the books on the teacher's "Wish List".  I can remember my mom and dad doing that when I was a kid.   Scholastic Books have been around for a while!!!

On the crafting front, I've been working on the quilt that I've been machine piecing and after a false start with the Lemoyne Star version that is made with half square triangles, I figured out the version with the true diamonds.   More on that, soon, since that block will be hand pieced.  Bias edges galore!!! 

Dutch Beauty is now at 8 hours.   I will admit that there was about a half hour of 'unstitching' in that time when I got off one 'square' on that bit at the top of the rose that isn't connected to anything yet. So frustrating.  But there's a page finish on page M/13 as I work my way back into the center of the design, so that's good. 

The travel socks have their legs finished and the first half of their heel flaps.
my hand isn't bruised - there's a stained glass window casting shadows

And the test knit is now officially late, but several of the other testers were able to finish by the deadline, so I don't feel too bad.  I'm still working on the last repeat with the second border after that.  I do hope to have it finished by the end of the month, though.

Linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching report.  (This week's link round up.)
PS: Bells and Bible Study both started up again this week, so things are back to 'normal' around here. And fall temps have finally arrived. Bring on autumn!!! It's my favorite time of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Dutch Beauty is gorgeous. I haven't cross stitched in years, but seeing lots of pretty work on the internet makes me want to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words on DB. It's huge, so it's taking a long time to finish, but slow and steady........

      Delete
  2. Your cross stitch is coming along. I had to undo some cross stitches on FLW this week. Annoying but it will look better in the end. Cozy socks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to verify my stitch to the chart, but if you have those stitches out in the 'middle of nowhere', it's SO easy to get just one stitch off(or worse, one thread if you are stitching over 2). Let's hope the frogs stay away from both of us this coming week. (When I first typed that it was "I hop the frog...." LOL.)

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.