Saturday, September 29, 2018

End of Rotation on Dutch Beauty and a Zombie project

I have reached the end of the 10 hour rotation on Dutch Beauty with a page finish on M/13 and substantial progress on L/12 as I work back towards the center.  

End of the rotation
where I started for comparison
The next project is an old "Zombie" project.   These are a half dozen items that I found when cleaning out storage in my basement, bundled away in the 1980s when I had a small child and was much less disciplined with my stitching.   I have finished one of the knitting projects and one of the needlework ones over the years.   I don't really have a formal plan for finishing the remaining ones, and there's a distressing tendency to find more of them as I continue to work my way into the declutter process.  I would REALLY like to give my younger self a stern talking to LOL. 

I decided to slot this one into a small gap between finishing up the current rotation on Dutch Beauty and the Silver Needle camp in early October.   This is quite a nice Family Tree in a primitive 'Dutch' style.  Titled "Tree of Life", it was published in 1983 by Sunset Needlework and designed by Nancy Rossi.  Even though it wasn't stored all that well, the instructions (graph and photo) and the fibers (perle cottons mostly with some DMC floss for details) were intact.  The fabric is Aida 11 count. 

The reason it is unfinished is rather sad.  I had planned to make it as a gift for my mother in law, as she really liked this style and had several pieces of actual 'Fraktur' (fancy German calligraphy work) in her house that she had brought with her from Germany when she married my father in law (she was a post WWII war bride).

At any rate, when I got to this point, I wanted to collect all of the family dates and names to chart out the empty areas.  My father in law had what is best described as a 'contentious' relationship with his family and refused to give me any information at all and threw such a temper tantrum that I bundled the project away and never touched it again. 

I checked with my daughter in law and she would love to have some of my needlework.  I showed her the photo from the kit and she liked it well enough.  So in the end, the project has been redeemed.   I'll finish the border quickly, I'm sure.   I think I will just do the names, no dates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.