Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Needlework WiP: "VS 4 Elements: Earth" Set up


Starting a new needlework project always entails some prep work.  At a minimum, you have to sort out the threads and mount the ground fabric somehow - even if it's just in a hoop.   I'm doing this project on stretcher bars and using my floor frame from Just a Thought to hold it.  Here are the threads and beads.   The little accessory pack that I bought with the pattern has the four types of beads, metallic threads, the two colors of hand dyed cotton (on the bobbins in front) and the hand dyed silk (at 9 o'clock on the thread minder).   The other five colors of cotton DMC floss (teal, three greens and white) and the two weights of plain white perle cotton do not come in the pack, but are easy to find at any big box store.

I got everything separated out and stashed in the Shaker box that I use for 'in progress' items.   The lid makes a nice tray for use at my stitching chair.   

Like all of these little band samplers in the "Four Elements" series, there's a wide band of modern hardanger at the top, a wide band of bargello at the bottom , and several bands of assorted cutwork, drawn and pulled thread, beads and all kinds of fun in between.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.