Saturday, August 24, 2019

Needlework WiP: "VS 4 Elements: Earth" Band 16 - finished

As I mentioned in the set-up post, this last band is a solid block of bargello.  I have to admit, this version, while less complex than the "Flame" pattern from the red sampler or the "Arch" pattern from the blue one, it still took a lot longer than I thought it would.   I think that's because being sure not to snag the gold work made half of the stitches rather more finicky than I thought they would be.
Worth it, though.  Having the gold peek out is a very cool effect.  But very difficult to photograph!


Here's the entire bottom band, and I think it's dense enough visually to balance the malachite beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.