Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Quilt WIP: Aunt Lottie's Garden Block detour

I have passed a milestone on my hand applique quilt, "Aunt Lottie's Garden".  I have finished all the blocks for the center of the quilt.  Well, at least I thought that I had.

I took the blocks over to my sister's house last night and laid them all out on her living room rug.  


Kimi's an artist, so I wanted her to take a look and maybe help me with the design and the borders.

We laid them all out in my tentative arrangement and Kimi helped me tweak the block placement.   We decided that there was one block that didn't fit.   Early on, I'd made one block with vintage material outside and a pink center (upper left)

And it looks "green" in the layout despite the bright pink center and pink flowers in the print.   I'm going to make a replacement block for that one.  I have plenty of pink solid and several more background pieces from the layer cake.  Rats, I will need to go to the quilt store and buy a 30s reproduction fat quarter!   I wager that is not all that will come home with me tomorrow LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.