Sunday, September 22, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - Sept 22, 2019

Stitching will happen, but it will not be so much "Slow" as "Tucked in between my duties as treasurer for the local Quilt Guild."    This weekend is our local quilt show. 
My quilt in all it's glory - this is the Scrappy Sister's Choice that I finished a while back.   The theme of the show is "Stars" and this one fits with the green star points surrounding nine patch blocks.   Please pardon the rather rumpled photo of me - hanging a show is hard work!  In between volunteer shifts yesterday, I did manage to finish up prepping the pieces for the replacement block for "Aunt Lottie's Garden".  
I'll get to work on assembling it today.  (The fabric is another one from the 'states' line so it will coordinate with several other pinks done previously.)

And Dutch Beauty is coming along.  The body of the deer is outlined.
Linking up with Kathy's Blog.

8 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt! Hope you are able to get a few stitches in today.... or tonight with your feet up after a long working weekend at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be nice to see your quilt hanging for the show! I am sure it will get alot of compliments. Stars quilts are my favorite! Love how your Dutch Beauty is coming along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping with a quilt show. Wish I could stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dutch Beauty is lovely, and nice to see your quilt hanging for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks beautiful, quilt shows are fun to attend but hard work for the organisers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and this is the second one in four months. My guild also is one of the NE Kansas, NW Missouri guilds that puts on the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival every other year. They are a lot of fun, though.

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness; your quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making great progress Karla!
    Putting on a quilt show is a huge amount of work... it takes a village of hard working folks!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.