Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Decisions, Decisions

Weekend after next is the annual "Fiber Fair" at the local library.  Our guild is invited to do quilting demonstrations, and I agreed to do a hand piecing demo.   That's great, but I don't have a hand piecing project underway.   I'm NOT going to start another quilt just to have something to demo (though you have to know I was tempted.....). 

What I do have a is a random collection of blocks in Christmas fabrics that may someday be a 'gypsy' style quilt.   And one of them is a Leymone Star.
Yep, I see another Carpenter's Star in my immediate future LOL.   I do need to get some white on white fabric to replace the background.   The red with gold print will be the four corner squares and will repeat the red from the center star, and the poinsettia fabric in the background will be the outer star (I have almost a half yard of it.   It's actually the same print as the star pieces, but with a white base instead of black).  I'm hoping that the dark colors in the center star will keep it the focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.