Saturday, June 1, 2019

Quilt WiP: "It was the 80s" - Block 22 - finale

As I mentioned in the "sneak peek" for this block, I turned a 12 inch hand pieced Lemoyn Star into a 24 inch hand pieced Carpenter's Wheel block to replace a block in Pat's layout that I did not have enough fabric for. 

It took me a lot longer than I thought it would, but it came out wonderfully.   There are a BUNCH of Y seams - so hand piecing was the way to go on this.  I truly dislike machine piecing Y seams and miters, though I know how and can do them well.  

This block will make a nice solid anchor for one of the outer corners on the asymmetrical setting.  

Now I just have to figure out how to do a design wall somewhere in my little house so I can lay this beast out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.