Sunday, June 2, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - June 2, 2019

Milestone reached!   All the blocks for "It was the 80s" are done.   There's still sashing to cut and a whole bunch of assembly, but I feel like I'm making progress again. 

I really love hand piecing.  The points on this are very crisp and tight.  Well worth the time it took.  The assembly on this quilt will be done on the machine, though, and it will go to the LAQ, so the next time you see this on SSS will be when I'm working on the binding.   Who knows when that will be LOL.

And I pulled out a block from "Aunt Lottie's Garden" to work on this week.  It feels good to get back to that project, too.  My first goal for today is to get it basted.   This will be Block 20 of 30 for the center of the quilt.  Borders still to be appliqued, to say nothing of the quilting.  So a far way to go on that one. 

My needlework project is rather back burner this week.  My attention has been on the hand piecing almost exclusively.  Hopefully I'll be getting back to it after I get the applique block basted.  To see how the other Slow Sunday Stitchers are spending their days, visit this week's round up at Kathy's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.