Sunday, December 1, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 1, 2019

First off, an apology for not posting for an entire month!!!!   November whooshed by in a blur of overtime, sniffles, deadlines both personal and professional, contractors missing appointments and more overtime.  It was a mess.   I pretty much swore off of social media of all kinds for the duration.

But I have only a few more things to do for the guild treasurer (and I won't do it again until after I retire, it's just too much work), the contractor finally got everything finished (roof and gutters are all nice and tight for the winter)!!!!   And work is - still work.   I'm just holding on until we get back to full staff (at some point).

I kept up with dishes and laundry in all of that, though I have not done much cleaning.  Usually I have a deep cleaning done before I put up the Christmas décor.  But not this year.   Something had to give, and it was that and crafting. 

I did have one very small finish.  But I want to celebrate it.   I got the finishing done on the last project from last year's Silver Needle Camp.

And since I didn't go to camp this year (see above for the mess that November was), for the first time in several years, I have NO Silver Needle UFO/WiP projects!!!!

The next project in the queue is the assembly of a bunch of knitted hexagon puffs into a bench cover.   I finished the knitting back in April of 2017.   And put together all of one single hexi set since then.   Having to report on them here over the next few weeks will hopefully get me off of high center with this project. I will start working on that project on Monday.  Today will be all church stuff almost all day - bells play at the morning service AND at evensong. 

Linking up (after my break) with the Slow Sunday Stitching crew.

5 comments:

  1. when working full time it is next to impossible to hold a office in a guild I bet - glad to see you are still around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least not when working as many extra hours as I have been for the last few months! Sorry that I just fell off the face of the earth for a few weeks. I hope nobody worried.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very busy time... congrats on your finish... it means even more when it's accomplished during such a full schedule! Hope that December brings less work and more stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *completely* understand how a month (or two, or three) can go by without a post! Life gets BUSY! I took this year off from our guild's board--the first time in forever. What a gift to myself that was! Your stitching is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.