Monday, January 13, 2020

Quilt WiP - the never-ending scrap basket

UMMM, I found another box of quilt scraps last night when I was putting away all of the Christmas stuff.   In one way, it was great - there were actually some fabrics that 'go with' the quilt I'm working on - "It was the 80s".   All these are matching or coordinating prints to the fabrics already in the quilt.  There's at least a yard total, maybe closer to two.  

I will be able to remake and swap out one or two blocks that have a lot of that bright rose pink solid in them (and move those blocks to the back).   And I will have enough to do the one fabric sashings now.   But I'm so happy with the Carpenter's Wheel block, which was made out of necessity when I thought I was running out of fabric, that I can't be sorry these fabrics were hidden up to now.

There are also a bunch of pieces of homespun, shirt weight ticking, parts of shirts and shirting fabrics in small checks and plaids.  I've been casually collecting for one of Bonnie's quilts from "Shirt tails", so the variety will be nice. Not sorry I found that box in the basement storage, but will I ever get to the end of zombie craft supplies????

It is becoming increasingly obvious that I need a better storage system for my quilting fabric! 

2 comments:

  1. LOL - gosh where did you have the box hidden? I really need to continue on the two boxes of scraps I dumped on my cutting table this weekend and I know where the other two boxes are I just never get around to look inside of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the storage room under a bunch of other boxes. I'm trying to re-arrange and label so I can find things in there. This was a surprise - mixed blessing as I said. From the colors and prints, I'm guessing mostly scraps from the 1990s and earlier - lots of calicos in there as well.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.