Sunday, January 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 12, 2020

Well, winter has shown up with a vengeance here in Kansas.  We had an winter mix/ice/snow mess that started Friday, continued on into Saturday and I haven't left the house since I got home early from work.  It was a good weekend to hunker down and hibernate.   It's supposed to warm up to 40 later today, so hopefully it will be melting by the time I have to leave for church in a couple of hours.

Even though it's the first of the month at work, with both a quarter close AND the annual close, I still got a bit accomplished. 

Dutch Beauty is about 2/3 around the spine of the vine that outlines the bottom row.  Still not impressive, but that's three hours of work.   Two more pages of vine spine to go before I can get started on this row for real.
And the Christmas Carpenter's Wheel block got the start of the outer points.   I think this will work out well.  Very dramatic.  (This is my travel project right now, so progress on this will be slow(ish).  Since things at the office are busy with year end close, I didn't get as much crafting time over lunch as I usually do.)
And look what got some time this week!!!   This is the hexipuff cushion that I've mentioned several times, complaining about being stalled out on.   Stalled no more.
Top row of 'flowers' is done and the first 'path'  row is 2/3 done.   It's going together better than I thought it would.  The 'ties' do show (they show up a lot on the orange flower), but they aren't terrible and all the ends are buried in the filling - like you do with a quilt. There are three 'flower' rows (3/4/3 rosettes) and two 'path' rows - so this is about 1/3 together.  When finished, it will live on my ottoman chest to cover some snagged upholstery.

Today's goal - knit on the Sock Yarn Blanket.  I got around the round 6 third corner (between side 2 and 3) last night so that I would have mindless knitting for the game today.  GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Linked up with Kathy's blog for the weekly Slow Sunday Stitching party.


EDIT to ADD:  That was NOT a mindless knitting type of game!  More like a nail-biting disappointment in the first quarter and a 'what the heck' relief rest of the game.  So much scoring  (though not in the top ten high scored NFL games - I looked and that search was trending, so I wasn't the only person who thought it was crazy).  But they pulled it out in the end.   Next up - AFC Championship!!

8 comments:

  1. your stitchery work just amazes me - that is a lot of work I know after seeing how my daughter does her pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one isn't particularly difficult, just big. I really appreciate the motivation that posting every week brings to my two big needlework projects. Looks like another good 'hibernate and craft' day here in the Midwest!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you! I'm enjoying the feedback - keeps me motivated.

      Delete
  3. I love each of the projects that you have in the works. I only saw a few minutes of that game, but it was crazy. New Yorkers did't have much to root for at all this past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KC is the closest NFL team, so I'm somewhat obligated to root for them LOL. The defense had better get it together before the AFC championship!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, lovely projects you are working on. 'Tis funny that winter has finally shown up at your place because summer has finally put in an appearance down here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas Carpenter's Wheel block is coming along nicely -- it's really sharp! The hexipuff cushion is intriguing! It'll be fun to watch that progress!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.