Saturday, July 25, 2020

Needlework change over - 2020 Rotation 3, Slot #1 completed (modern sampler or smalls)

Ten hours in on the modern sampler piece.  Unlike the Victoria Sampler pieces, I'm not going to power on to a finish on this one.   For one thing, it's much bigger - I think it will take around three rotations to finish up.  For another, I'm kind of burnt out on it due to the fact that I ended up having to frog one entire side border - I made a counting error early on in the double running.  I hate it when that happens.  Still love the project, but I need a break from it!
This weekend is #24HoursOfCrossStitch over on Facebook.  Last quarter I did a bunch of stitching on my Sharon Cohen "Sampler Sweetbag" and pincushion.  So this time I thought I would do the assembly.  I'd love to have a FFO on this project.
First thing is to add the embellishments.  These are "paillettes" - historically they are made of gold or silver.  A tiny ring of wire is hammered flat; if you look closely, you can see where the ends of the wire meet.  They are the precursors of sequins and are historically appropriate for Elizabethan needlework.  They are attached with metallic thread, so I'm off to hunt up a beading needle.
PS.  I love, love, love that lining fabric - it is perfect for the period look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.