Sunday, July 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - July 12, 2020

It's been a very busy week at work and I've been working late.  And in general, I'm feeling lazy once the work day is done.   It's hot and muggy here in Kansas.  The tomatoes are absolutely loaded with little green globes and yellow blossoms; the SuperSweet 100 is over the top of the support cage already!  The heirloom beefsteak is shorter, but has set at least a dozen fruit. 
There has been some crafting.   I'm at the next corner (#3 of this round) on the sock yarn blanket.  I work on it at the desk or dining room table in the summer to keep the bulk of the knitting off my lap.  In the winter, it's wonderfully cozy to spread it out over my legs, but not so much in the summer!

I'm about three and a half hours into the rotation on my Elizabeth Designs "Garden Delights" piece.  I am working around the outer border to establish the extent of the piece.  This is lesson one (the corner square outlines) and lesson three (the herringbone plaited crosses).   I'll go back and do lesson two (the floral motif inside the corner blocks) next.  Loving that varigated silk in the herringbone border - "English Meadow"  by Silk N Color.
And I have a block finish on Lucy!   This is block #7.   I think I've settled on a 9 block table topper for the final layout, so I need two more blocks.   I'll need to figure out the colors for the next block and get it cut out over the next few days.
I am going to finish that last corner block on "Garden" today for my Slow Sunday Stitching and maybe get the bottom herringbone underway.   And, of course, See what the other SSS folks have on the go.  (Link to the current round up).

8 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! Lovely colors for your block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, This is one of the plainer blocks with only two colors.

      Delete
  2. The stitchery you're working on looks lovely! Is it counted cross-stitch? The stitches you're using look complicated, but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's counted thread, but there's very little cross stitch. All specialty stitches except the motto in the center over one.

      Delete
  3. we had to tie the tomatoes up to higher stakes as they were over the cages and bending over - hot here too - love your Lucy Boston block and your stitching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may need to stake at least this one, I planted it in some really rich compost and it totally has grown like crazy. The other plants are being more reasonable LOL.

      Delete
  4. Your Lucy blocks looks very nice. I made 6 Lucy blocks, that was enough! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only going to do nine, I think. We'll see once I get those together.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.