Sunday, September 27, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 27, 2020

 I have my ten hours in on Dutch Beauty, but I'm going to put a little bit more time in today and get that peacock done before I swap out my rotation.   Rotation #4 for the year will start on 10/1, so Monday to Wednesday this week I will stitch on the USMC seal.   

This is not quite a page finish on Page U/21.  Still to go are the buds along the bottom border and also a pot of lilies that will span the page break on the left - about half on each page.  I'll work on those sections the next time DB comes up in the rotation.   And I'll take a full on photo when I swap out the rotation.   

In other news, I didn't quite make it to the corner on the Sock Yarn blanket, but I'm getting close.  About 3.5 inches left to go to the start of the short row turning.  

Lots of work this coming week, with month end and all.   And year end reviews are coming up, so I have some stuff to prep for that.  But before all the stress starts, I'll have a nice cup of tea and spend some time with the Slow Sunday Stitching crew.  (Link to this week's roundup.)


6 comments:

  1. Have you ever kept track of how many hours it takes to do all of the stitching on a project? I never have...t I think it would scare me! Lol. Have fun finishing off the peacock today. A cup of tea sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet. Both this one and Millennium are UFOs started in the early 2000 time frame, and I didn't track how long I had worked up to the point they were put away. I'm kind of with you on the 'scary' number of hours. I only track the 10 hours to be sure that each one gets a similar amount of time before it is replaced. My goal is to make myself not 'skip' a project that is in a slump or is less interesting.

      Delete
  2. nice to rotate projects in and out isn't it - you don't really get bored with any one and they all get worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that peacock. I like the idea of switching out projects, but right now I am steadily working on three and enjoying a couple each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to rotate those large projects to keep your interest! I have never added up the time on a project but I know it's a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, great idea of rotating projects! I do that a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.