Sunday, October 25, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - October 25, 2020

 It's been a busy month here in Kansas: Quarter close at work, getting ready for my boss to go on maternity leave next month, putting the garden to bed, early voting.   But I have gotten a bit of crafting done.

Biggest news is that I got to ten hours on Millennium, and it is on the beading!!  I am not putting this away even though I am at the rotation mark; a finish is just too close.

I am working on the beads 15 minutes a day - that's about all I can manage as beading is not my favorite thing, though I love the way they look!  Clear crystal petite beads all over the 'space' area,  gold petite Mill Hill beads in the foliage top and bottom and four garnet beads in the broaches and sword hilt.  So many beads.

While Millennium is on slow progress toward a finish, I am also working on the last two cutwork napkins (introduced here). I got halfway around the center of the waterlily motif in padded blanket stitch.  There will be some stem stitch and French knots to finish this area off. 

I am going to have to frog at least one of the outer petal 'veins' where a thread was carried (needle is pointing to that area below).  I tried to anchor it under the center, but there just wasn't enough slack for it not to pucker.  This may why this project was left where it was.  I know I have occasionally back burned a project where there was something that needed fixed.

Once the center petals are complete and that fix is done, there are only the two 'leaves' and the center stamens (french knots done last) left to do.  One leaf even has the outer edge done, and the padding is done on both of them.

Today is my birthday; the kids had me over for dinner last night and my sister arranged to work in the Topeka store yesterday so she could come, too!  The haul was a collapsible chair to take to softball games (I have been borrowing one from JC), a Fitbit to replace my old one that isn't holding a charge anymore, a gift card to Michael's chain craft store, and a fancy carrot cake cupcake that was delicious. And I am treating myself to a new knitting start today.

 


As soon as I check out the other SSS folks (link to current roundup), I will be getting out my ball winder and swift and turning this Heritage Sock Yarn into cakes and casting on! 

 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I think the beads are a fun addition to your Millenium piece - sparkly stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday a carrot cupcake sounds divine! the yarn is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. Your Millennium piece is gorgeous and the beads are a wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Happy Birthday to you! Your Millennium piece is beautiful...I'm not good at doing beads..I don't really have the right needle to do them..but still use them on my Crazy Quilts..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Always nice to be remembered and showered ith a few gifts on your spe ial day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your stitching, both on the Millennium and your cutwork napkins is exquisite! I could look at your Millennium for a very long time. The beading will look fabulous....not long to go now.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.