Sunday, October 4, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching - October 4, 2020

I can't believe we are well into Fall already.  But the leaves here in Kansas are starting to turn, drifts of gold and brown are everywhere on the streets and lawns.  I am hoping that the first frost date holds off for a bit; it's officially the 15th of the month.  Because my silly tomato plants are STILL setting fruit!  And one of the green peppers is optimistically blooming again!  Makes me wish I had a greenhouse.

It's been quite busy at work this week; the last few and first few work days of the month always are.  I'm actually going to have to drive into the city office next week (hopefully on Wednesday) to find an old report that I only have in paper copy to scan to my boss.   Only the second time I've had to make that drive since the pandemic hit.  There is much hullaballo to go in, too.  You have to put in a ticket for the time,  which facilities will approve, then do a self screening on an app.  And full masks in the building whenever you are out of your cube.  At least it's just for the one day this time. 

Starting on the first, my rotation rolled over.  I am back on Millennium - just a few minutes each day so far.  The lettering is a combination of over one cross and backstitch over one.  Very delicate; it will look great.   The quote is from 2 Peter 3:8 "With the Lord, one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day."

The first part of the week (up to the first) was on my USMC seal.  I got to a page finish on page 5.   When I pick this up again, I will need to complete the grid on page 6.

And I got around corner 4 on the seventh round of the sock yarn blanket knitting.   I'll take a photo at the end of the round. 

I am hoping to put in some good time on the Teresa Wentzler this week.  I only have 8 more days on the audio book I have checked out on Hoopla and 1.5 hours of listen time remaining.   After I check out the rest of the Slow Sunday crew (link to current roundup), I will be settling in with both.


8 comments:

  1. I finally picked all the green tomatoes about 10 days ago and pulled the plants I think they would have continue to November if I let them but I was tired of taking care of them, not a lot of tree turning here but starting a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things settle down at work for you so you can have more stitching time. Millennium is very close to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still the beading and some glittery 'star' upright cross stitching yet to go, but yes, it's on the home stretch!

      Delete
  3. I like the progress on your projects. I always like seeing the rotations. Stay safe when going in to the office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tomato plants have so many green tomatoes still and the frost is imminent!
    Enjoy your stitching... love the gold lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are coming along nicely, your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your projects. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Millenium is always stunning to see. Fingers crossed Jack Frost keeps his nasty fingers off your tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.