Sunday, February 14, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - February 14, 2021

 Happy (snowy) Valentine's Day from Kansas.  Minus 15 degrees F /  minus 26 C is forecast for tonight, but this time next week, we should be back to seasonal weather just below freezing.   I can't wait.   Spring seems to be months away, but it will come.

Very busy work week this week, we are testing a new account reconciliation software.  So we are having to do each account twice - once in the old system and once in the new to parallel and prove out the new system.   I've been so tired that about all I can do is sit and read.  I'm just VERY grateful that I don't have to drive in this winter mess.  I did get another three inches on the sock yarn blanket.  Mindless garter stitch was still possible LOL.

I also did get a very small amount of work done on the applique block as my #LunchHourCrafting; around the base angles between corner two and three, and the first 'petal' on corner three.

And I went well over ten hours on Dutch Beauty.   There are still three large flowers and two parrots to do on this motif, but it's at a good stopping spot with the lower flowers and almost all the foliage done.  There's still about a dozen stitches of center stem to go, but I will put that in when I do the center flower.

I'll lay it all out when I do the changeover post in a bit.  In the mean time, check out the rest of the SSS crew (link to the current round up).

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Dutch Beauty--I love that stylized type of cross-stitch. Making progress on the quilting is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The interesting thing is that even though they are very stylized, you can figure out what they are meant to be for almost all the flower and animal motifs.

      Delete
  2. Super cold here in Colorado, too! I'm ready for a warm-up. Your Dutch Beauty stitching is really amazing - so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty dense, isn't it? But I'm enjoying working on it.

      Delete
  3. For someone who has been so busy at work, you got a whole lot of crafting completed. Dutch Beauty is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.