Monday, June 28, 2021

Rotation Changeover - 2021 Rotation #3, Slot 1 (not counted thread) complete

 Ten hours in on the 'new' Not Counted Thread embroidery piece.  I'm glad I chose this needlepoint and crewel pillow, I'm having a lot of fun with it. 

After ten plus hours

 

At the start of the ten hours



Now, there was quite a bit of set up in this first slot.  Sorting and organizing the threads again, finding the frame and and repairing the edges of the canvas where the binding had come loose (the edge that shows in the 'after' pic has the selvage, the other three are bound with some kind of plastic seam binding).  Then finally stretching the canvas on.   It's a fixed frame, so I'll probably have to reposition the tacks with my handy dandy Lacis tack gizmo when the canvas stretches out more.  It's noticeably looser now than it was when I started this slot. But at least it's easier to remove the thumbtacks than the staples that I used to use!

I finished the basket weave / continental on the nose, upper neck, brought the blue background around from the neck to the horn, did the blue wool/white cotton background on both the front and back of the neck (there's more above the horn and in around the rose/ribbon cockade). Outline around the neck and head and also got all the mane along the neck done in outline stitch used as a filler.

This coming weekend is the first of the month, so it's Blackbird SAL weekend.   I sort of don't want to get started on the next full slot until after that, so I think I'm going to try to finish up the assembly on the Shepard's Bush Tape Measure cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.