Sunday, September 5, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 5, 2021

There was meeting knitting this week and I am now over the halfway point on the first side of Round 9 on the sock yarn blanket.   It was a pain to do all the joins for the navy yarn, but so worth it since the knitting is going fast.   I didn't pre-join the yarns in the main part of the blanket so that I could control the colors easier, but doing the joins one at a time really slowed down the knitting. 

It was a busy week at work with the end and start of the month.   But all my financial accounting tasks were done before the weekend started, and I can laze around all weekend with a clear conscience. 

By 'laze' I mean stitch on my Blackbird Weekend #bbdweekendsal project - "Moon Garden" from the original Loose Feathers collection. Color this time is MUCH closer to the rich dark olive grey of the fabric, at least on my monitor. (Fabric is 28 count in colorway '18th Century Rook' by R&R, threads are the called for GAST - 2 over 2).  The border is complete and I've started on the alphabet. 


 I got the alternate block # 3 for Lucy Boston done earlier this week, have the black pieces all cut and basted for alternate block #4.  I may get started on that once I check out the Slow Sunday Stitching crew (link to current roundup), or I may stitch more on the BBD piece.  

Either way, I am intending to enjoy my long lazy weekend.


10 comments:

  1. I wish I know some local knitters - quilters to get together with now and then I have tried a couple groups and they get too much into subjects that too many disagree on - religion/politics to name a couple - not relaxing in the least! They are way to conservative for me - I need a good relaxed group!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This project is about perfect for when you need your hands on 'auto-pilot'. I will miss it when it's done.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your long weekend. Stitching sounds like 5e perfect pastime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lazy weekend sounds perfect for a little stitching whatever you choose to sew. Another great Lucy Boston block and Blackbird Weekend is a lovely piece. The lettering is a pretty style. It sounds as if your knitting is growing quickly. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is beautiful! Love that Lucy Boston Block! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds great to have a lazy weekend to stitch after a busy work week! I love your lighter threads on the darker background for the Blackbird Weekend SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great, lazy weekend! Your stitching is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A long lazy weekend sounds perfect, especially with some stitching and knitting in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A long lazy weekend is always good. Your stitch is looking fabulous Love the fabric you are working with. Happy stitching and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embroidery is very beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.