Saturday, October 23, 2021

FINISHED NEEDLEWORK: "Shepherd's Bush Garden" smalls set

 This is one of the two sets of smalls that I have been accumulating items for over the years.  The tape case finished today during #24HOCS is the last item, I think.   I did save the left over materials from the needleroll kit that I used for this piece just in case something else inspires me.  But I'm out of space in their box. 


 


Some of the other pieces in the set:
 
Scissors Fob - SB design
 
A strawberry - my modification of a motif from the needleroll

 

The entire set - a dragonfly needle minder in the top of the box.  Center top - the needleroll, made into a tool roll, upper right, the strawberry.   Left to right on the bottom row:  Thimble bag, needle case, ort tin, new tape measure cover, scissor fob.  Scissors are green to match the lettering on the ribbon design and have a brown leather sheath that matches an antique leather memorandum folio (far right under fob and strawberry) that that was my mom's with a tiny brass pencil inside. 

Inside the needle case ("Bee" is for beading needles)


2 comments:

  1. What a great collection of little stitcheries! A pleasure to look at each time you use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll confess to having a huge selection of smalls. Far more than any one needleworker would ever need. And I have plans to add more! I'm fascinated by those needlework caskets with all the little bits and bobs. I'll never be able to afford an antique one, so I compensate LOL.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.