Saturday, December 11, 2021

Rotation Changeover - 2021 Rotation #4, Slot 5 (pictorial) complete

I ended up going a bit over ten hours on the "KC Plaza Sewing Bag" this round, and here's where the front of the bag is now:

I got the "Thread Gatherer" building on the cityscape finished except for the beads in the lamps and roofline.   The linen for this is large enough that I need to work in a Q Snap frame, so the beading will have to be done in hand at the very end.  The caps on a Q Snap exert enough pressure to break the petite glass beads sometimes, so I don't ever clamp them over beaded work, and try to avoid using them over dimensional stitches, too.  I don't seem to have much problem with the caps flattening out standard cross stitches though.  Even when you can see the impressions of the frame, the linen and stitches seem to recover without intervention.  That could be because I always use a length of muslin or quilting cotton between the caps and the stitching.   

As a reminder, here's where I started:


Next up is another large building to the right of the center point basting.  Lots to do on this yet.   It will be in the pictorial slot for many rotations (remember this piece of linen is only the front half) - which is why it became a UFO.  But now that it's in the rotation, I am committed to finishing it.

Since it's already well into December, I won't be kicking off another round of my rotation.  I will re-boot on January 1 as usual.  So what will I work on needlework wise for the rest on the month?   Finishing up loose ends!

I have three projects that I'd like to get finished (or finishing finished) by the end of the year.  

1) Blackbird Designs "Moon Garden".   After the #bbdweekendsal last weekend, it's in striking distance of a finish, just a few fill in bits and bobs and the date and initials over one left to do.  Even though my framers are booked full for the rest of the year, I can at least drop it off and pick out a frame.   Since it's not a holiday/gift piece, they can boot it down the queue as needed. 

2) Bob's Christmas Stocking.   The knitting is almost done, but there will be a lot of Swiss Darning motifs (so basically embroidery).   There's a huge pair of leaping deer on the leg and several of the 'snowflower' motifs on the toe that will need to go in after the knitting proper is done.

3) Garden Delights Project Bag.  I haven't forgotten about getting this bag made up.  It just hadn't come up on the WIPGO board until now.  I need to buy a zipper and the interlining, though.   JoAnn's trip this afternoon, I think!

And if I get through all of those:

4) the other tape measure case.   This is the one for the KCHSG smalls.   It's the second project for December on my WIPGO board, but is low priority after the above projects.

5) BBD "Autumn Silhouette" that was started for #blacksamplerNovember

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.