Sunday, May 29, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 29, 2022

 Memorial Day weekend - Remembrance Day in the US.  Honoring those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

I'm running behind at the office, so I'm putting in some hours today so I can take tomorrow completely off to go to the parade, etc.  But there has been some crafting in and around work this week. 

First of all, I got to the center of the second side of the Sock Yarn Blanket.  No photo this week because it's just more of the I Cord edging, and blue on blue is not all that interesting to look at!

What IS interesting to look at is my Patchwork of the Crosses Table Topper with the center all put together!!

I love the way this is looking!  But it's time to talk next step.   See that jagged edge?  Yeah, I need to build that out until it is a LOT straighter. Paper Pieces is where I have purchased all my papers for this project and they have some partial shapes, so I got a selection and laid out a possible edge.  

Can't decide if I want to do that because it's still not straight.   The alternative is to applique the whole thing down to straight black strips and join that to my Jenny Beyer border print.

I at least want to EPP the corners and fill in the end of the connecting blocks.  Those pieces are the white papers in the photo above.  I do like the idea of appliqueing it down to a wider strip of black fabric.  I don't think the little 'triangle house roof' pieces will be deep enough for the border I have envisioned.  

At any rate, I need four more squares for the corners and 16 more honeycombs to cap off the connecting blocks.  I'll start working on that after I get some work done and check out the SSC crew (link to current round up).



6 comments:

  1. Love the look of your table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous. The edging is too much thinking for me. I am sure it will look lovely whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely quilt. Have fun putting the puzzle that is the edge, together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! My friend who does a lot of EPP usually appliqués the jagged edge down to the border fabric. I did not realize you could get those filler pieces. I’m sure whatever you decide to do will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may be what I settle on as well. I love the way the center block 'floats' in the black and I'd like to put at least an inch and a bit of black around the edges of the outside blocks too.

      Delete
  5. Last comment from Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.