Monday, May 16, 2022

Ugh, where's my seam ripper...... And adventures in paint!

 


I do not love this last of the corner blocks on my "Patchwork of the Crosses".   The other three corners all have some green in them and this one is just 'BLAH'.  Too much neutral and rose pink.   So I'm going to take out the center four pieces and put in green.    It wouldn't have been bad in a bigger quilt where a few 'ugly' blocks can often provide some negative space or 'resting' space.   But in a quilt with only nine blocks (or thirteen if you count the four alternate blocks with the squares), every single block has to work and this one just - doesn't.

Also while on vacation, I knew that since I'm getting towards having the Plaza Sewing Bag about done with it's slot in the rotation, I need to stop procrastinating on getting the Unicorn canvas repainted.   So I got brave, took it off the stretcher frame and lit into it.  First coat.  Goodbye roses, hello unicorn in a forest.   I painted out the borders of the cameo in the blues that are the shadows and ribbons, but the more I look at it, the more I think maybe the two olive greens would make a better transition between the fairly bright blues in the cockade and the dappled tweed teal in the background.  I was glad to see that the pure titanium white did cover where it needed to. 

Will need to dry for 24 hrs before adding another coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.