Sunday, December 4, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching - December 3, 2022

 Wow, this week flew by.  Work is the usual start of the month busy, But I only had to commute on Monday (Tuesday I had a dental cleaning, which meant I got to work local to make it to the dentist on time), AND there was no bell rehearsal on Thursday, so I got some extra crafting time in.

Dutch Beauty is coming along.  Hello mama swan, you need your head and the rest of your tail feathers before I can start filling you in!  But aren't you pretty!

There will be no last minute Christmas rush this year as the XBF shawlette/scarf is bound off and the ends all woven in.   The green shawl/scarf is for my sister, and this orangish one is for Angie's Mom.   JC will get the USMC Seal and Angie will get the Corgi Caboodle (both framed).   The kids don't get handmade gifts this year - Carl needs new motorcycle boots and Alexis wants some computer art gear (JC sent me links, I just provided the credit card LOL.)

I am again in the odd place of having no knitting project on the needles.  I'm thinking maybe this free pattern (Wolkig Cowl in Knitty - online magazine, Issue 17).  I have some nice light fingering/heavy lace mohair/wool blend in a rich crimson color that I bought from a 4H shepherd at a local (ish) wool festival a few years back.   It was one of those random festival purchases that when you get home you say to yourself, "Self, there's not enough of it to do a full on shawl, and it is not a good blend for socks.   What WERE you thinking?" "But it's a pretty color and it's SO SOFT."  Yep. take my money LOL.

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitching crew (link to current round up).


7 comments:

  1. Dutch Beauty is definitely a beauty - so many details to look at! It's a great feeling to have Christmas gifts taken care of, too. Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your Dutch Beauty slowly grow. There must be zillions of stitches in these bigger pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mother swan is sheltering her cygnets under her wings! You are just about ready for Christmas! I'm still sewing!! Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the swan is coming along on Dutch Beauty. Your shawl is very pretty. I look forward to seeing that new cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dutch beauty is so cute, well done on getting ahead on your Christmas gifts. The cowl is lovely, I'm sure your festival yarn will be perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness knows where the time goes, glad you got some stitching in. I had great plans to get lots of stitching done, but decorating got in the way.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.