Tuesday, January 17, 2023

#24HoursOfCrossStitch Virtual Retreat - 2023 Q1

 The "real" #24HoursOfCrossStitch is next weekend - Jan 20-22.  But as usual, the official date conflicts with work deadlines.   So I am doing my virtual retreat a week early and also ran it Friday 5 pm - Monday night (since I had Monday off).

Project 1 - (full coverage pictorial) 

 "Sugar Skull 1" by MagicCrossStitch.   Still working on the outlining.  (The 'lace' around that eye is more complicated than it looks - there was a bit of frogging here and there; and right now it's a pirate skull LOL.)  Hours this round = 3.25   600 stitches.  Total time on Project = 15 hours  2,603 stitches.

The yellow basting lines are where the oval frame hits.

And where I started the weekend:

Project 2 - (Historic Inspired Sampler)  

"My Day Complete" by Kathy Barrick.  Goal is to get it to 10 hours to finish up the first slot in the rotation.  Hours this round  = 5.0. Total time on Project = 20 hours.   (3.25 hours on Saturday, 1.75 hours on Sunday)

And where I started the weekend:

Project 3 - (BBD Weekend SAL) 

"Beyond My Heart by Blackbird Designs.  Goal is to finish the verse lettering.  Hours this round = 3.5 hours.   Total time on Project = 27.0


And where I started the weekend:

Not the most productive retreat, just 12.5 hours, but I made good progress on everything.   And back to work and the usual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.