Sunday, January 22, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - January 22, 2023

 A very small update this week.   The annual audit items came in, so still busy at work. 

The socks are coming right along, at least.   I knit during a couple of meetings where I was muted and camera off.   This is about as much of a cuff and leg as I do for anklets.

And on the needlework front, I was so close to a finish on the Blackbird Design piece that I kept working on it after the #24HoursOfCrossStitch virtual retreat last weekend.   There will be a finish post later today!   

Just need to finish that branch at the bottom left and figure out what to do at the center between the basket and the verse.   I love the verse, even the quirky spacing at the end.   I like the basket, but I don't like all the little random circles and partial circles that make a 'wallpaper' behind the basket.   When I dropped them all out, though, it kind of left a gap in the design there.


Linking up with the SSS crew (current round up).

8 comments:

  1. How fun to be able to knit in a work meeting! Great progress on both projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be discrete and only knit when my camera is off, plus the knitting has to be something that I need to pay zero attention to. These socks are plain knit in the round, so they are totally 'mindless' knitting.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely fibers that you are working with on your socks, Karla. Your BBD piece is looking amazing ! I can see why this was a hard on to put down. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knit two socks at a time too, it's a sensible idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could ever knit and pay attention to a meeting at the same time. I love the socks and the cross-stitch. You could add your initials in one of the spaces or maybe another flower in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been knitting for over 50 years now and on 'mindless' knitting, my hands just go on auto pilot! After you've been knitting a while, try knitting with your eyes closed for a stitch or two, then try watching a movie and knitting without watching your hands at all. It just comes with practice.

      Delete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.